The Buckingham Area Community Advice Bureau “BACAB” Foundation is an independent registered charity (1098080) set up to ensure that the Buckingham, Winslow & District Citizens Advice Bureau is sufficiently funded to provide its core service to the local community.
The Citizens Advice Bureau Service offers free, independent and confidential advice. It started out in 1939 as an emergency service, and has since evolved into a professional national agency. The CAB gives advice and helps solve problems, including debt and consumer issues, benefits, housing, legal matters, employment, and immigration. Advisers can help fill out forms, write letters, negotiate with creditors and represent clients at court or tribunal.
At BACAB we have identified these services as crucial to our local community, and were set up specifically to ensure that they can still be effectively provided by trained and dedicated staff to the people of Buckingham, Winslow and the local District. We believe it is essential to maintain this support to those most vulnerable in our own community.
The Buckingham, Winslow & District Citizens Advice Bureau serves a population of over 40,000 people…
…in two towns (Buckingham and Winslow)…
…and 56 outlying parishes.
To ensure that the Home Visiting Programme will continue.
To annually provide key funds needed by our local Citizens Advice Bureau.
10 things you should know about BACAB
1. The Buckingham Area Community Advice Bureau (BACAB) Foundation is an independent registered charity.
2. Our aim is to ensure that the Buckingham, Winslow and District Citizens Advice Bureau always has sufficient funds to carry out its vital work.
3. Our local CAB and BACAB help to support a community of over 40,000 people in the two market towns of Buckingham and Winslow and the 56 outlying parishes.
4. Donations from patrons and Friends of BACAB, both individual and corporate, are vital to the fundraising work that BACAB does.
5. BACAB also receive much needed funds provided by local parish councils.
6. We host a variety of fantastic fundraising events throughout the year.
7. In 2007 BACAB started an endowment fund named after our inspirational founding chairman, the late Professor Alan Betts, to protect our CAB’s future.
8. BACAB could not survive without the generosity of your support. This enables us to fund the vital work offered by our CAB to help local people in times of crisis.
9. Gift Aid donation increases of 25% by UK Tax payers and Legacy donations which can offset inheritance tax are both simple ways you can support BACAB.
10.Companies who donate to BACAB will receive a certificate of donation which they can display and can choose to be included on our website as corporate sponsors. This also enables you to offset your donation against your payable tax.